It’s Burger Month! This post is part of Burger Month, hosted by Girl Carnivore.
I know this particular burger may sound a bit extreme. Just stay with me here.
But, I did it. What? Don’t make fun of my crazy ass ideas.
This one is fanfuckingtastic. Excuse my language, but y’all know me by now.
Sometimes I get these notions, and thankfully when I do a trial run most of them work. Most of them. I’ve definitely bombed a thing or two, don’t get me wrong.
See that cheese oozing out?
That’s Cabot’s Tomato Basil Cheddar – it’s amazing. The burger is juicy; I used 80/20 ground chuck that has just enough fat, but not too much. The cheese barely oozed while cooking, which was perfect, and the slaw complemented the cheese so well.
You’ll love this.
Here’s your printable-
Tomato Basil Cheese Stuffed Burger with Jalapeno BLT Slaw
- 2 lb. ground chuck
- 8 thick slices Cabot's Tomato Basil Cheddar
- 2 tbsp. Moore's seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 5 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup mayo, more if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burger buns
- Make 8 flat burger patties with the ground chuck.
- Add one slice of cheese to each and top with another burger; seal edges.
- Over medium heat, add burgers and drizzle with Moore's seasoning. Cook until done.
- While burgers are cooking, combine lettuce, tomato, jalapeno and mayo in a mixing bowl.
- Assemble the burgers by placing burger on bottom bun and adding slaw on top.