I didn’t know what else to name it.
It just felt…right.
Here’s the rundown of this beautiful thing –
Medium rare ground sirloin burger adorned with melted white sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, sauteed mushrooms, beer battered onion rings and a tangy ass steak sauce nestled in between two homemade garlic butter buns.
Now, what would you call it?
It’s meaty, cheesy, bacony, and messy as all hell.
Welcome to #burgermonth – the brainchild of Kita Roberts, who so brilliantly started the blog Girl Carnivore “Because boys aren’t the only ones who like to play with their meat“. I mean…she and I have to be kindred spirits. The girl definitely knows what the hell she’s doing.
If you know me, you know I welcome a good burger challenge. I ADORE making burgers.
Here’s your printable-
- This dough
- 1/2 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thick
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cold beer
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 4 strips bacon, cooked
- Cabot Seriously Sharp White Cheddar
- A1 steak sauce (or your favorite steak sauce)
- 1lb mushrooms
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 tbsp Moore's original marinade
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Make the dough; form into 4 bun halves.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, Parmesan and parsley; brush on dough. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine flour through pepper in a mixing bowl; dip each onion slice in mixture and bring oil over 350 heat. Fry each onion slice and drain on paper towels; set aside.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add mushrooms through red wine; when bubbling reduce heat to medium low and let simmer until most moisture has reduced. Remove from heat and cover.
- Combine ground sirloin and Moore's, form into two burgers and fry or grill until desired doneness (I like mine medium rare to medium); add cheese and cover until melted.
- Assemble by adding burger on bottom half bun, bacon, mushrooms and onion rings. Drizzle with steak sauce.
This post is part of a month long burger celebration. You can search #burgermonth on social media to get many more fantastic burgers from other bloggers, chefs and foodies. A special thanks to GirlCarnivore.com
for hosting this event.
And, there’s an awesome giveaway that you can enter at BurgerMonth.com
● American Lamb Board – (ALB prize boxes 5 lbs of ground lamb, an apron and a meat thermometer
● Anolon – 10″x 18″ Double Burner Griddle and Grill Pan
● Char-Broil – Char-Broil Kettleman Grill
● Curly’s BBQ – Curly’s BBQ Pork Pack
● Spiceologist – 4 Rub Grilling Spice Set