As I’m writing this post I’m reminded of the Prince song “Raspberry Beret“.
Remember that?? Oh…how I love the ’80’s.
These were made with love with Country Crock butter…
and my sister’s eggs.
Yes, my sister has chickens. She’s an outdoorsy, animal loving girl.
These beignets are filled with a cream cheese/raspberry mixture, very close to a donut, and sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with melted chocolate.
Here’s your printable-
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 stick Country Crock Butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- Canola oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Fresh raspberries, for garnishing
- Combine the cream cheese, raspberries and sugar in a stand mixer on low until combined; transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add milk, butter, sugar and egg; mix on low until combined.
- Add flour, 2 cups at a time, mixing on low until completely incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 3-4 hours, until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and roll into a large rectangle (about 16x12) and cut into 2" squares.
- Place a tbsp of raspberry filling in the middle of each square and fold up, pinching edges together to seal.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees and fry in batches, transferring to a paper towel lined plate.
- Drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
© 2011-2017 ~Dixie Chik Cooks~ All Rights Reserved Top