Ok, seriously, hear me out for just a minute. I know you were weirded out by the “lemon” word.
Yes, there is, in fact, lemon on this pizza. Now, don’t run away, please – you need to see this through.
Do you trust me?
If not, you should by now. I haven’t betrayed you yet, have I?
Our relationship should be solid by this point.
Prosciutto Pizza with Lemon, Blue Cheese and Shaved Asparagus
- 1 batch pizza crust (keep in fridge until ready to use)
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 8 oz block cream cheese, at room temperature.
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 package prosciutto (about 4 oz), cut into ribbons
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, washed
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Mix the cheeses together in a bowl with a fork, making sure they are incorporated thoroughly; set aside.
- Snap the ends off of asparagus and shave using a peeler or paring knife.
- Using half of the pizza dough, spread with your fingers (you probably want to put some oil on your hands first) onto a cast iron skillet that has been drizzled with olive oil. Spread the dough up the sides of the skillet.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over crust; add lemon slices, prosciutto and shaved asparagus.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Make another pizza with the rest of the dough or keep in fridge for later!
I have been planning this pizza in my mind for about 5 years. I can’t explain why, I just know I have been. I have to tell you that when I tasted it I was so incredibly satisfied with the outcome that I was scared I would eat the whole pizza before I got pics.
Imagine the tartness of lemon combined with salty blue cheese, prosciutto, and slightly nuttiness of the asparagus. Come on, give the tart little lemon a chance.
See, I don’t steer you wrong, do I?