Do you spell this ketchup or catsup?
Here in the south it’s ketchup. Who says “CATS-UP”? Um, that would be nobody. That I know of, anyway. It’s “ketch-up”.
We put it on french fries, burgers, hot dogs and butterbeans. Yes, butterbeans. I said it. Ok, fine that’s just me, but we do NOT put it on eggs. That, my friends, is nasty. Oh, but I do mix it with mayo to dip fries in. Only when I eat cheeseburgers, though. I know, quirky.
I’m gonna share this fantastic spin on ketchup I made (summer-style with fresh peaches, BTW), but first let me fill you in on a giveaway I have coming up. It’s pretty awesome.
International Can It Forward day, a live event hosted by Bravo’s Top Chef Hugh Acheson in Brooklyn, NY is August 16th. Jarden Home Brands graciously sent me a goodie box for review and now you can win one too. Here’s the package:
- 1 case of the new limited edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars pint size
- 1 case of the new limited edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars quart size
- The Ball® Fresh Herb Keeper
- A set of the Ball® Dry Herb Jars 4-oz
- The new Ball® Frozen Herb Starters
- Ball® 5-Blade Herb Scissors
- A copy of the Blue Book Guide to Preserving.
I’m literally obsessed with the little dry herb jars. I think I may be obsessed with mason jars in general. I love the vintage green color of the jars (limited edition, BTW).
I made a batch of Jalapeno Peach Ketchup and used my pretty new jars. It’s different, but different in a good way.
Sometimes you gotta step outside of that tomato box.
- 3 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Throw everything in your food processor (or blender) and puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings according to taste.
Enter here to win the ball canning jar package –
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post was sponsored by Jarden Home Brands and Ball Canning. All opinions are my own. Follow Ball Canning on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. More details of International Can It Forward Day can be found here.