I want to throw dinner parties so I can make appetizers and bite sized little things for fun.
ALL THE TIME.
I just love mini-things.
They’re baby versions of goodness that are easy to hold in your hand and fun to serve.
Speaking of mini things, have y’all seen Jessica’s (Jessica from How Sweet It Is) Spiked Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treat Shooters?
When I started making these, I realized I didn’t have any ricotta or cottage cheese. I typically use ricotta mixed with some parm and salt and pepper as a layer in my lasagna. I used what I had on hand – which was cream cheese, softened, mixed with Parmesan. I wasn’t very confident it would give me a good result.
I was a little scared.
But it worked!
As a matter of fact, it was so good I’m keeping it as a change-up version of my lasagna. It adds a depth and richness that neither ricotta or cottage cheese can accomplish.
Damn, my fingers look fat. And pink.
You could definitely use wonton skins or phyllo dough to make it easier, but I really like the texture of the flour tortilla.
Aren’t they pretty! Perfect for your Super Bowl party!
Italian Sausage Lasagna Cups
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into rounds to fit mini muffin pan - I used the mouth of a small mason jar (You could also use wonton skins)
- Nonstick spray
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12 count mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Press each tortilla round into the muffin pan.
- Brown the Italian sausage over medium heat, drain fat and set aside.
- Combine the Italian sausage, tomato sauce, garlic powder, oregano and basil in a bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese and 1 cup of the Parmesan together and put a heaping teaspoon into each tortilla round.
- Top with Italian sausage/tomato sauce and sprinkle with more Parmesan and fresh parsley.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and cheese is browning.
If you’re looking for more Super Bowl food ideas, here’s a few I’ve spotted that look like keepers-
Chili Cheese Stuffed Fritos from Plain Chicken
Girl after my own heart.
Buffalo Cheddar Chex Mix from Half Baked Harvest
Buffalo flavored chex mix? She’s the shiznit.
Blue Cheese and Balsamic Kettle Chips from Celebrations At Home
Blue cheese and balsamic together? Jesus. I can’t take it. Ok, yes I can.
Sausage and Pepper Jack Stuffed Mushrooms from Horses and Heels
Sausage + Pepper Jack. I’m dying.
Bacon and Beer Cheese Dip from More Than A Mom of Three
Cheddar, bacon, and beer. I have no words.