Just for y’all – I have teamed up with Welch’s to not only give away some good stuff – $50 in Welch’s Products! – but to give some great info about the role of mealtime in today’s families.
Welch’s has been doing their homework.
Unlike me in the 10th grade.
However, I have to say, that’s one of the things we take very seriously in my house. We eat together. We also do what we like to call “Best and Worst” at the dinner table, which is where we go around and each one of us tells the best and worst parts of our day.
My daughter is the ringleader of Best and Worst. However, my husband has recently decided that he thinks we should leave out the “worst” part, but I’m not convinced.
Everybody needs to vent. Whether it’s about a stressful Algebra assignment or an argument on the school bus, we all need to express our frustrations if we have them.
I’m the boss so I say let’s keep the “worst”.
Anyway, you need to check this out when you get the time – Welch’s Kitchen Table Report. It’s extremely informative and is some good news about American family life in the midst of all the chaos that seems to be neverending in this country here lately. You’ll be glad to know that more than three quarters of respondents to this report say that they eat dinner as a family as often or more as their family did as a child. I think that’s so awesome.
Ok now kids, here’s a new slider recipe I made today, and this sauce includes Welch’s Grape Jelly. And yes, this includes hot sauce, of course. Now, I have one request…
I want you all to eat this together as a family!
‘Cause I love y’all.
Italian Turkey Sausage BBQ Sliders with Caramelized Onions
- 3 cups V8
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Welch's grape jelly
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 lb. turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 6 slider buns
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Start the sauce:
- Add V8 through hot sauce in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Whisk thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to medium-low and cover halfway.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes; until slightly thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, brown the Italian sausage in a large saute pan over medium-high heat breaking up into crumbles.
- Move the sausage to a bowl and cover.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With the pan still on the heat, add the oil and onions.
- Saute for about 15 minutes, until translucent and fragrant. Add a little water during if they start sticking; it will evaporate. Remove from pan and set aside when done.
- Add the sausage back to the pan, along with half of the sauce.
- Split slider buns in half and butter both sides. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until browned.
- To the bottom slider halves, add some of the meat sauce, onions, and top with cheese. Put back in oven for about 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the other bun halves.
Oh, and include some Frito’s. 😉
I chose to dip these in an obscene amount of that sauce.
Now to the Giveaway for $50 of Welch’s Goodies! Here’s what you need to do…
a Rafflecopter giveaway