I kinda have a thing for dips.
If you don’t already know that go here, here, here and here. Take your time.
This is not only an appetizer, it could definitely be dinner. I took leftover chicken parmesan, chopped the hell out of it, added more tomato sauce and poured it into a hollowed out French bread loaf.
THEN, I cubed the bread that was scooped out and made big fat croutons that were worthy of being vehicles for the aforementioned dip. It was meant to happen; no one would finish off all of that chicken parm. I had to turn it into something else.
It’s literally combining two favorites = Cheesy Italian food with the bread that everybody eats with cheesy Italian food.
You could use pita chips or crackers, or whatever you have on hand…
And scoop. Here’s your printable-
Chicken Parmesan Dip Stuffed French Bread
- This Chicken Parmesan (leftovers)
- 1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 French bread loaf, middle scooped out and saved
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese (I used whole milk Mozzarella)
- Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop Chicken Parm, pasta and all, add tomato sauce and combine in a large bowl; pour into hollowed out bread loaf.
- Cut the bread that was scooped out into cubes and add to a mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, until slightly brown and crispy; remove from oven.
- Top filled bread loaf with Mozzarella and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve with bread cubes.