This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias
Have you ever used mayo in the place of butter to make a grilled cheese? I just did!
It makes a very golden, luxurious crust on the outside of your bread.
Since it’s summertime and I have a plethora of fresh basil, I made this off the charts delicious Caprese Ham Grilled Cheese. Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham, Mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil on soft Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse ™ Oatmeal bread. Their bread tastes so fresh and is different than most store bought sliced bread. If you’ve never tried it, go here to find a local store so you can pick some up.
It’s now my new obsession.
I bought the main key players for this sammy at Walmart, and made them for a small get together at work. None were leftover.
The next time you make a grilled sandwich, spread some Hellmann’s® Real mayonnaise on the bread instead of butter. Just try it – trust me!
This sandwich just represents summer. That basil – seriously.
And I don’t know about you, but I dig when Mozzarella cheese does that brown crispy thing. I go for that first before even biting into the sandwich.
Here’s your printable-
- 9 oz Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 16 oz whole milk Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Hellmann's® Mayo
- Pepperidge Farm™ Oatmeal Sandwich Bread
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat.
- Slather one side of bread slices with mayo; add to skillet and add ham slices, tomato slices, cheese, basil.
- Top with another bread sliced slathered with mayo.
- Grill on each side 2-3 minutes and flip.