Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Buffalo. Chicken. Nachos.
As I’m typing this, I’m hungry.
See, two days ago I had a root canal. Not the first one on this particular tooth, no. The second one.
I think the first one was about oh, 10 years ago. Yep, that long. It started bothering me again probably 3 or 4 years ago and, yes, I did go to the dentist and he gave me antibiotics, etc. But, I knew.
This tooth is an asshole. Why do I procrastinate?
The time between the pain became excruciating and after I had the root canal, I couldn’t eat.
Not even these.
And I wanted them so badly (I had a batch leftover in the fridge).
When I got home I knew I had to eat something with my antibiotics/pain killers (I hate those), so I forced myself to chew some saltines on the right side of my mouth. Ugh. Then came the nausea. Nausea is a bitch.
Thank you, Zofran. You’re my new BFF.
I’m now two days out from my root canal and feeling so much better and can’t wait for dinner.
I need food. Real food.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 jalapeno peppers, washed and slice
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup scallions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush 1 cup of the wing sauce on both sides of chicken breasts and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done, turning over halfway through.
- To make the blue cheese sauce, combine mayo through milk in a food processor; refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the chicken is done, let it cool a little and shred it. (I use my Kitchenaid stand mixer - it works beautifully).
- Make the nachos by layering chips on a lined baking sheet, then chicken, blue cheese sauce, celery, jalapenos and onions.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until a little bubbly and the chips are starting to brown.
- Add more wing sauce and blue cheese to serve.
Bring on the nachos.