Y’all will like these
I’m on the fence right now regarding all the hype going around about food bloggers (and social media) overdoing the whole bacon thing. Anything can be overdone.
However, bacon is a beautiful thing. It will never go away, and people will never stop being obsessed with it. I don’t try to conform to what’s “hot” or what isn’t. If I make it and I love it, I will post it.
Last night on my way from work I stopped by my local Winn-Dixie for milk. I had been working all day, tired, and craving a BLT. When I saw their chicken was on sale I changed my mind – I wanted to wrap bacon around chicken.
It needed a hug.
You could wrap bacon around a piece of cardboard and it would be fantastic. That’s just my opinion.
These are bacon wrapped chicken bites that I seasoned with salt, pepper and oregano. I made this incredible blackberry jalapeno sauce a few days ago just for fun because I found a bag of blackberries in my freezer.
They married and lived happily ever after.
Feel free to adjust the blackberry sauce ingredients if you want to. You could add more brown sugar to make it sweeter, or more jalapeno to add more heat.
The bacon I used was Zeigler Brand and bought at Winn-Dixie. This post was sponsored by Winn-Dixie, but all recipes and opinions are my own!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites with Blackberry Jalapeno Dipping Sauce
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. bacon, quartered
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried Oregano
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pint blackberries, (Mine were frozen from the summer, but you could use store bought frozen)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Trim any fat from the chicken breasts.
- Mix salt, pepper and oregano together and sprinkle on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat olive oil over medium to medium-high heat in a saute pan and add chicken. (Depending on your stove - mine seems to get more hot than most so I kept it on medium).
- Saute 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and done in the middle.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
- In a food processor, add the blackberries and the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse until pureed and add to a medium size sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove and cover.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1-2" pieces and wrap in bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bacon is done and a little crispy around the edges.
- Serve with blackberry dipping sauce.