Who cares if it’s summer?
Sometimes you gotta get your soup on.
Although this soup is hot, it’s still summery.
Asparagus, fresh tomatoes and shoepeg corn all come together to make a beautiful soup. Does it matter that it’s hot?
Hell, your burger would be hot as all hell, so what’s the difference.
And these damn grilled cheese croutons are the bomb.
If you’ve never had Havarti cheese before, try it out. It makes the most perfect grilled cheese. The texture and butteriness is perfect for this.
Try to avoid canned corn because fresh definitely wins here. It’s seasonal, cheap and will make your soup a rockstar. If you’re wondering about the tarragon, I know it’s not something you would traditionally see in a soup like this but I definitely have an affinity for it. For me, it literally transforms dishes. I love it in this.
I love it in everything.
Don’t judge a girl.
Here’s your printable-
Asparagus, Tomato and Shoepeg Corn Summer Soup with Havarti Grilled Cheese Croutons
- 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, snapped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 ear white corn, shucked
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Sherry
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup whole cream
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Bread slices - whatever your favorite is
- Havarti cheese slices
- Place the asparagus, tomatoes, corn and chicken stock in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Add soup to a medium size pot over medium heat and bring to a slow boil.
- Add the rest of ingredients and reduce heat to low.
- Add more Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the grilled cheeses with bread, cheese and butter and cut into squares.
- Serve soup with grilled cheese croutons.