This burger makes me so happy.
It’s based on the steak I made for the Food Fight Write competition in Kissimmee, Florida earlier this month. The flavors are addictive. Ginger, sesame and soy. I used a combination of ground turkey and ground Italian sausage.
I did add pomegranate arils – which was totally not planned but I did it at the last minute and OMG it’s so good. Unexpected, but it works. Leave it to me to straight up trash a burger. In a good way, that is.
I topped them with microgreens that were given to me in Florida, but feel free to use sprouts or lettuce if you can’t find any.
Burgers shouldn’t always be the same – Here’s some of my favorites!
Buffalo Blue Burger
California Roll Burger
Muenster Burger with Balsamic Caramelized Onions and Fried Jalapenos
French Onion Fontina Burger
The “Ultimate” Cheeseburger
Here’s your printable-
- This Sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 4 Burger buns
- Microgreens or sprouts
- Make the sauce; remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat and saute onions until caramelized.
- Combine the turkey, sausage, onions, pomegranate arils and 3 tablespoons of the sauce together; form into 4 burgers.
- Assemble by topping burgers with sauce and microgreens.