Mediterranean Spring Rolls
Look what I have for you today…
I chose their Mediterranean Spring Rolls. These are the cutest little things; spring rolls made with fluffy puff pastry.
If you like artichokes, sun dried tomatoes…
You’ll love these.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat; add onion, artichokes and tomatoes. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in pepper and parsley and remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Unfold pastry sheet onto a floured surface and roll out to a 12" square, then cut into 6 (6x4) squares.
- Spread 1 teaspoon pesto on each pastry rectangle to within 1/4 inch of the edge. With the long side facing you, spoon about 1/3 cup vegetable mixture on the bottom half of each pastry rectangle.
- Fold 2 opposite sides 1/2 inch over the filling. Starting at a long side, roll up like a jelly roll.
- Brush the pastries with the egg. Place the pastries seam-side down onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut the pastries in half diagonally to serve. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, if desired.
Presented by Campbell’s Kitchen.