Bacon Wrapped (Italian Sausage Stuffed) Jalapenos
There are certain things in life that make perfect sense and makes me wonder how we ever lived without them:
Those shower thingies at the beach that wash the sand off.
TV On Demand.
Our cell phones that do every freakin’ thing under the sun.
BTW…did you know there’s an app that will control your power/lights in your house?
Um, do you all understand how spoiled we are as a society?
Now, there are things that do not make sense – like:
Dave Chappelle leaving comedy.
Moscato – YUK.
Fast food sushi – YUK x2.
But, one thing that always makes sense would be my jalapenos stuffed and/or wrapped with anything.
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb bacon (this will vary depending on brand)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash peppers and slice in half vertically. Deseed by using a small spoon (unless your want your mouth on fire - I happen to like a little fire)
- Brown and crumble the Italian sausage over medium high heat; mix with cream cheese and set aside.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with sausage mixture.
- Cut the pound of bacon in half; wrap each pepper with bacon and bake on a baking sheet for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
You can leave it to me to stuff/wrap/mangle these things – I’ve adopted them as my own – as if I literally invented them. I wish I had.
These are a little bit sinful.
But mostly delicious.