So, as you know I’m known for being an appetizer whore.
It’s almost the 4th of July. Yep, Independence Day y’all – time for fireworks, hanging out at the pool, and of course, grilling, cooking and eating. What a great excuse to cook up some fantastic appetizers! I love it when I have good excuse to make them.
Finger food, dips, etc. are such an important part of the 4th of July cookout experience. First of all, you have to have them to keep your guests happy while you’re marinating your steaks, chicken, ribs, etc., and of course if you’re serving cocktails, they’re mandatory.
Today I’m giving you three recipes for your holiday cookout menu –
Bacon Wrapped Steak Bites with Spicy Lime Dipping Sauce-
The steak bites were tenderized using my new OXO Meat Tenderizer – it’s actually really fun to use.
Here’s your printable for all three-
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray the bottom of a glass baking dish with cooking spray and add the tomatoes, cheese, basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese has melted and it's starting to brown on top. You may want to add a few more minutes.
- Serve with pita chips
- Add all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, toss to combine.
- Add more olive oil if it needs it. You'll know if it needs it - make it kinda glisten - not too much but a little.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Tenderize meat; first I salted them, let sit for 30 minutes, rinsed and then used my OXO Bladed Meat Tenderizer (it's fantastic, BTW).
- Sprinkle Worchestershire sauce on the beef and toss in a bowl to combine.
- Wrap the steak bits with bacon, place on a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bacon is done.
- Combine the sour cream through seasoned salt; there's your dipping sauce!